I’m very happy to announce the release of Minim 1.1!
If you’ve been using Minim 1.0, there are some important changes you need to be aware of:
- AudioFileIn is now AudioPlayer.
- AudioClip is now AudioSnippet.
- To get an AudioSnippet you use Minim.loadSnippet(String).
- AudioFileOut is now AudioRecorder.
- To get an AudioRecorder you use Minim.createRecorder(Recordable, String, boolean)
- Additionally, the methods of AudioRecorder are ever so slightly different than those of AudioFileIn.
Another major change from 1.0 is the inclusion of a bunch of Interfaces that define library functionality. Essentially what I’ve done is defined how everything in the library should behave and then written an implementation of that spec. This is why createRecorder takes
Recordable as the first argument and not an
AudioInput or other concrete class. The use of Interfaces shouldn’t break any of your existing code because I used the existing methods of Minim as the starting point for the Interfaces.
I fixed a host of bugs relating to mp3 playback for this release. They should behave exactly like WAV and AU files now. There are many more examples now, one for each method of each Interface that defines the functionality of Minim classes. Examples are organized by Interface, rather than by concrete class, hopefully this isn’t too confusing for people.
Please let me know if you have any problems or questions!